Toggle %s Friends and Family Beta Test Underway
The Design a Legendary project marches onward to the next stage!
To date, we've chosen the weapon type (a one-handed sword) and it's theme (Mephisto, Lord of Hatred). 3D character artist Aaron Gaines is putting stylist to tablet as we speak, and we'll be able to share the first piece of concept art for this particular Legendary item with all of you next week.
Now that we've started to nail down the visual design, it's time to start thinking about what this Legendary should actually do. Enter the Design a Legendary, Part 3: "Choose Your Power" Livestream.
For this stage of functional design, we're teaming up with the fantastic folks over at TwizzCastto livestreama brainstorming session on item design with some of our Diablo III developers. This livestream will briefly go over the design process for Legendary item powers in Reaper of Souls, but its main goal is to players the opportunity to share and discuss suggestions on what kind of powers they'd like our community-designed Legendary to have.
Here are all the juicy details:
- What: Design a Legendary, Part 3: "Choose Your Power" Livestream
- When: Wednesday, December 11 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. PT
- Where: http://www.twitch.tv/Twizzcast
- Who: Joining this podcast will be game designers Travis Day and John Yang, as well as the following hosts and guests:
- Goal(s): Brainstorm and discuss possible Legendary powers for our Mephisto-themed, one-handed Legendary sword. We're hoping to come away with at least 5 to 10 workable powers that we can then have you, the community, vote on globally!
Have an idea for a Legendary power for this particular item, but can't tune in to the livestream? Feel free to leave a comment below or share your suggestions with us on Twitter!
We're pleased to announce that the epic, secret-filled Diablo III: Book of Tyrael is now available! Return to the world of Sanctuary in an all-new book written from the perspective of Tyrael, the former Archangel of Justice. His writings serve as a guide for the new Horadrim, and warn of darker times to come.
Within the book's lushly-illustrated pages, Tyrael will reveal notes from both Cain and Leah, as well as never-before-known secrets about the history of the world, and further information about his decision to join the ranks of humanity as a mortal. This comprehensive tome will offer readers the opportunity to delve into a timeline that reaches back into the events of the first Diablo game through to the developments of the present day. In addition, it contains new information about the history of the city of Westmarch, and insight into the motivations of the Crusader class, which will be playable in the upcoming expansion, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls.
To celebrate the book's release, Insight Editions is offering two all-new wallpapers featuring artwork from the Book of Tyrael that you can use to decorate your favorite device or desktop. You can download them in a variety of resolutions by visiting the Insight Editions site.
Learn more about what lies within the pages of the Book of Tyrael in our preview blog, and experience the newest chapter in Sanctuary's continuing saga firsthand by placing your order through Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or other retailers today!
With the successful kick off of our Friends & Family Beta for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, we've invited a limited number of friends, family, active players, and influential community members to help us test the upcoming expansion. Unlike any other Friends & Family Beta test we've performed in the past, participants are not required to abide by a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), resulting in an onslaught of juicy information about upcoming features and gameplay.
While you may not have had the opportunity to join us in game, have no fear - you can stay informed and up to date on Reaper of Souls by tuning in right here for media coverage, blogs, videos, and livestreams of all the beta-licious action. This blog will be kept up to date regularly as more players enter the fray and share their experiences with the world!
Are you participating in the beta and want to share your awesome insight with the rest of the community? Did you see some amazing coverage we haven't listed below? Send in your blogs, streams, and videos to us or let us know what you've been watching/reading in the comments below!
Please note that all sources below are listed alphabetically.
Fansites & News
- D3: Reaper of Souls Beta - Goblin Overpopulation (Nephalem Rift) (Jaetch)
- D3: Reaper of Souls - New Wizard Spells/Passives Animations and Effects (Jaetch)
- Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Closed Beta - Features, Modes, Currency, and More (Gamespot)
- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls - ALL You Need to Know! (Zisspire)
- Diablo III Reaper of Souls - Arcane Orb Runes (CurseDiablofans)
- Diablo III Reaper of Souls Beta - Crusader Playthrough Part 1 (Tales of Lumin)
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Beta Overview (Tales of Lumin)
- Preparing for Reaper of Souls - Tips & More (Shinobi)
- Reaper of Souls Beta - First Impressions (Lightning Wizard) (Archon InfernoFriday)
- Reaper of Souls Gameplay Coverage (Playlist) (Qelric)
- Transition to Reaper of Souls (Moldran)
Design a Legendary, Part 3: "Choose Your Power" Livestream Coming Soon
Warlord - Dec 08 2013 05:27 PM
Warlord - Dec 07 2013 08:53 PM
Diablo III: Book of Tyrael Now Available!
Warlord - Nov 30 2013 04:25 PM
Friends and Family Beta Round-Up
Warlord - Nov 28 2013 07:26 PM
Community Commentary: Information Highway
Warlord - Nov 24 2013 03:44 PM
TeamSpeakteamspeak server Hosting by InstantTeamSpeak.com